Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Weapons Races - Aircraft Carrier


Documentary describes the evolution in the aircraft carrier design & its implication in the pre & post WWII. The radicalization of carriers had brought misery upon the once great Japanese Imperial naval force & it had helped the US to control whole of the Atlantic during the Great War.

However, difficulty emerges with the the start of Cold War & Western carriers proved to be sitting ducks for the nuclear powered Soviet submarines. Antiship cruise missiles can now completely deny the use of oceans to carriers & urged US to partner carriers with its own nuclear submarines; thereby increasing costs manifolds. British with the introduction of STOVL capable Harriers totally antiquated the need of enormous carriers & miniaturized versions of carriers with formidable Harriers upon them proved to be more cost-effective than gigantic US fleet of carriers..

streamed @blip.tv

Enjoy..

1 comments:

Today, I went to the beachfront with my children. I found a sea shell
and gave it to my 4 year

old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She put the shell to her ear and

screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.
She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is

totally off topic but I had to tell someone!

my homepage :: Nqf News

Post a Comment

Have a say...